Sunday, September 28, 2014

PaintedSausages

So I've always had this vision that I'd get married and have a team of boys. I never ever ever wanted any girls. Just thinking about the headaches I caused my mom growing up..... yeah, no. I didn't want to deal with drama queens, periods, short skirts, boobs, attitudes, pregnancy, and all that crap. I wanted 6 or 8 boys. Remember my thing with odd numbers? So when I found out I was pregnant after Losi turned 1 Mosi and I prayed and begged for another boy. Now this was before Losi turned all Terrible Twos on us, so he was super easy, calm, and just an angel. We found out we were having a girl and we were just like, "............dang it." But the rest of the pregnancy I spent convincing Mos that she was gonna be the cutest bestest little girl ever. And then I was a little disappointed only cause I really wanted Losi to have a brother. A little brother that he could show the ropes to, and play sports with, and talk about girls with, and sit around and play video games with, and just be best friends. When I thought about him having a sister I thought he would be so bored and not give rats about her. But as time went on, and Sariah came along, he's slowly been showing interest towards her. There are times where he can be protective over her. He likes to make her laugh. They wrestle and punch and shove each other on the bed after they shower. I look at Sariah and I know that she was meant to be here at this time. She is slowly, oh so very slowly, showing her brother to be patient. He's still rough with her, but all we can do is explain to him that she's still a baby and he needs to be gentle. She seriously has Mosi wrapped around her finger...... and toes, and legs, and arms. It really is the cutest thing to watch him play with her. She just adores him. And on those nights that she has nightmares or is teething and is waking up 2-3 times a night and I'm irritated because I chose to stay up til 12 camping on my Netflix shows and just want to stay laying in bed, Daddy swoops in to hold her til she calms down and falls back asleep. 
I love her big, beautiful eyes.
I love her little baby teeth.
I love dressing her up.
I love sewing little leggings for her.
I love telling her my secrets.
I love shopping with her.
I love her cute little cries.
I love her pouty lip.
I love her scrunched up nose smile.
I love her kisses.
I kinda love when she bites me in excitement.
I love that she let me paint her little sausage toes yesterday.
I love that she's a girl and a loving sister.
 I just love her.

I'm so blessed and happy to have this little girl in my life. I can't wait to see what the future holds for her. And for now I will try not to think about all the trouble she might cause me in her teenage years......







































No comments:

Post a Comment